[windows2000] Naïve security question

  • From: "Neil Atwood" <natwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:48:58 +1100

> Greetings all...

This may well be a naïve, beginners type question? but please bear with me..
;-)

> Situation:
Time for a new hard drive, and a nice, new install of Win XP pro
Works great, fully patched, etc.
> Users set up exactly as per old system (user names, passwords, etc)
>
> Old hard drive (with old XP install) dropped back in (as non-boot drive)
> to allow gradual pulling over of odd bits of data onto new drive.
> However, when I attempt to browse folders under my old profile on the old
> drive, XP refuses access.
> I'm logged in as an administrator, with the same username and password as
> I was on the old install.
> So why won't XP let me share and access those folders?

Any help, solutions gratefully received!

> Regards

,,,,,   Neil Atwood - natwood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ô¿Ô¬    Sydney, Australia

http://www.toongabbieanglican.org.au