[windows2000] Laptop/Notebook Management

  • From: "Stephen Taylor (Mitel Admin)" <STaylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2004 16:42:49 +0100

Hi There

We are looking to revamp how we support/manage our W2K and Win XP
laptop/notebook users.
Currently, we use Ghost to image/re-image laptops in our lab.
Hot fixes and service packs are deployed via SUS servers.

I'm interested to know how other people support laptops/notebooks
to see if there is a more efficient way that we could support/manage our mobile

I think what we would really like to do is to have as much work automated as
We would like to get an automated process to set-up and install software on the
when they are first get plugged into the network.
A process to keep software up to date on the laptops, and if possible a way to
set-up local
security and group policy settings with out having to visit the device.
There are cost constraints, but I would be very interested in what other people
are doing.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.