[windows2000] Re: Kodak 2500D Scanner Under Windows 2000

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:27:46 -0800

>From: Robert Jackson [mailto:rab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]=20
>I have a bit of a problem. I'm in the process of setting up a Kodak
>2500D scanner attached via an Adaptec SCSI card to a W2K workstation (SP3).
>My problem is that whenever I boot the workstation, the PC quite
>correctly detects the scanner is attached. However when I try and load
>the drivers, happens (i.e., it can't pick up the device drivers from
>the supplied CD etc) and it gets installed as an unknown device.

Often times the add new hardware wizard picks the wrong directory, try
traversing around on the cd until you find the driver.

>I've also tried downloading the drivers from the Kodak website, again
>this makes no difference.

Doublecheck the model number, and try reinstalling the SCSI card driver.
You can also try going to windows update, often they'll have the driver you
need.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"Horoscope, Zodiac, Astrology, I reject these outmoded theologies.  If I
must be identified by a symbol, then I choose the caffeine molecule, for it
is ever within me."