[windows2000] Re: Kix

  • From: CSchwab@xxxxxxxx
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:03:50 -0400

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Bill Beckett
Posted At: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 1:56 PM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Kix
Subject: [windows2000] Kix

Completely new to kix but I am doing some testing at the moment. I have a
W2K terminal server in a 2000 domain. The terminal server box is located
in
a separate OU called Terminal Servers. I have a GPO called Terminal Server
policy linked to this GPO. I ahve loopback processing turned on. I am
creating a simple logon script for the Terminal Server Policy. I have the
script name set to kix32.exe and the script parameters as the kix logon
script (tslogon.kix).

The problem is that it appears that the script is not being run, none of
the
drives are being mapped. However, if I run the script manually from a
command prompt it does run. Do I have the script parameters set up
incorrectly?

You need to put the kix32.exe into a batch file.
Example.

Create Kix32.bat
Inside have "kix32.exe tslogon.kix"

In your user profile, point to the Kix32.bat file. Bat file should be in
the netlogon directory.
Celebrating 35 years - 2004
A Rewarding Past...A Promising Future
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any
intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received this in error, please