[windows2000] Is it possible to change just the printer properties with a shortcut?

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 07:09:57 -0800 (PST)

Does anyone know of a utility or can suggest a good way that I can create a
shortcut that changes a property on a printer and then change it back?  I was
thinking of maybe doing it in an Altiris rip file  but there has to be an
easier way.

  The idea I have and what I want to do is be able to create 2 shortcuts on a
users desktop to create a quick way to change from single sided to double sided
printing without having to click a dozen times to find it in printer
properties.   One to turn on double sided printing for the printer and a second
one that resets the printer back to single sided printing.  Anyone tried this?
I know I could probably do it with a reg file but we do not allow our users
access to running regedit.

  Jim

Jim Kenzig
    Microsoft MVP - Terminal Services