[windows2000] Is it possible to alter the retry timeout on a W2K LPR print queue

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:00:05 +0100

Long story. Our wonderful and expensive Firewall-1 NG system has taken a
dislike to TCP/IP print queues. Any time a queue on our server tries to make
a TCP/IP print connection to an external server the firewall decides it's
being SYN attacked and blocks the connection. Even though we've disabled SYN
protection and told the firewall to protect us against incoming attacks
only, they are still blocked.

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the retry timeout on a W2K print
queue connecting to a remote print server in \\ipaddress\queuename
<file://\\ipaddress\queuename>  format? Perhaps if I set the retry to 5
minutes or something it might help. Of course, perhaps Checkpoint will fix
Firewall-1 as well.

Regards
Angus