[windows2000] Moving IIS Servers..

  • From: "Steve Rance" <Steve.Rance@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:01:49 +0100

Hi all,

I have had to move my intranet from one server to another.  I have successfully
done this and all it working fine on the new server.

I had created an entry in DNS (W2K AD) called "dalyintranet" pointing to the
server in question.  Everyone then connects to http:\\dalyintranet (the server
is called something completely different).  I have gone back into DNS, and
changed the ip-address of "dalyintranet" to point to the new server.
"dalyintranet" still points to the old address after carrying out this change.

Is there anything I can do to refresh the cache for all pc's and servers that
is clearly being used centrally, or how long would I have to wait before this
is done automatially.

Thanks,

Steve