[windows2000] Re: How to remove the DC in Active Directory when offline?

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 08:30:51 -0400

Did the now-defunct server hold any of the FSMO roles?

If it did, you must use NDISUTIL to seize those roles to the existing DC,
and then you can simply delete the old DC's account from Active Directory
using the ADU&C Snap-In.

If it does not hold any FSMO roles, simply deleting the account will work.

One other thing: if the still-surviving server is not a Global Catalog
server, I would make it one so that people can log on correctly...

Hope this helps,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.