[windows2000] Re: How much heat can switches, FAX machines and PCs

  • From: "Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:44:56 -0700

Chris,

How embarrassing.  I admit, that I hadn't thought of that.  At the
moment I have the FAX machine (which doubles as a laser printer) in
there, just because that's where the cable drops are.  However, there is
no phone line in that room, at the moment.

There is an office right next to the room, which (so I learned later)
was supposed to get the FAX machine.  However, it TOO, doesn't have a
phone line to it.  How a FAX machine is supposed to work without phone
lines to it, is a mystery to me, but I just do what they tell me, put
things where they say they're supposed to go, etc.

But, the important thing is that, there I was, planning on locking the
door to stop theft of the equipment, and thus effectively prevent people
from using it.  Oh well, dumb move on my part.  I'll have to think of
something to both safeguard the equipment and allow access to it so
people can use the FAX machine.

Rod