[windows2000] Re: How much heat can switches, FAX machines and PCs

  • From: "Chris Berry" <compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 11:56:10 -0800

>From: "Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
>How embarrassing.  I admit, that I hadn't thought of that.
>There is an office right next to the room, which (so I learned later)
>was supposed to get the FAX machine.
>But, the important thing is that, there I was, planning on locking the
>door to stop theft of the equipment, and thus effectively prevent >people
>from using it.

*shrug* No problem, just get the phone guy to come in and rig you a new
jack, move the fax machine and you're golden.  Heck you could do it yourself
if they don't mind it looking a bit cheap, just punch a hole through the
wall with a long phillips screwdriver, and thread a long phone cable through
from the current jack to the location where you need it.

Chris Berry
compjma@xxxxxxxxxxx
Systems Administrator
JM Associates

"And here in our server room you can see our Beowolf Cluster of C64's that
keeps our enterprise on the very cutting edge of technology."