[windows2000] Re: How do I go from a multi-boot system to a single boot system?

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 11:24:08 -0700

Right click My Computer>properties>advanced>startup and
recovery>settings>Default operating system (drop down menu) pick one, make
sure the "Time to display list...... check box is unchecked. It will now
boot right into windows without the menu!

Once you are able to boot up with XP, then you go to the boot.ini file,
delete the entry that is "Different" than the default. Although the way I
described above will NOT show a menu, you can still delete the W2K entry.

HTH