[windows2000] Re: Gateway to acquire eMachines

  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 13:53:56 -0500

To be completely serious, we have over 150 desktops, 9 laptops, and 6
servers (2 are really old, when Gateway used to rebadge ALR server) all
Gateway.

I average 2 warranty returns per year.  That's right.  Two components fail
on average per year, over the past 6 years.

Many of the PC's are old P1 or P2's, rebuilt to be "thin" clients, and all
work excellently.

Granted, their recent push towards AV sales, and their financial problems,
have had me a bit worried.  But I have had no problems with their equipment.

YMMV,

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.