[windows2000] Re: Exchange 2003 or 2007

  • From: "Ray Costanzo" <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 07:06:30 -0500

Believe me, I felt ridiculous the first time I installed Exchange at home,
and I've used it off and on since then.  But now I'm going back to it for
these reasons,

1.  I'm sick of PSTs.  I have nightly backups that run, and I ungracefully
rkill outlook.exe so my PSTs will back up.

2.  I have four different mail clients from which I'd like to access my
e-mail.  It's a PITA dealing with POP and maintaining the right
configuration of which clients should leave messages on the server for how
long and under what conditions.

3.  I'm too cheap to buy the version of the mail server software that I'm
using that includes IMAP support.  :)

4.  The webmail is decent enough for someone who doesn't like webmail.

Ray