[windows2000] Download Pick of the Week: Copernic Search Tool

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 09:24:22 -0400

Are you tired of waiting minutes for Windows Search or your Outlook Email
search to find a file, email or infomation on your massive hard drive.  Do
you have tens of thousands of emails and files like me that you need to keep
track of and have a need to quickly find at a seconds notice.  If you are
like me and subscribed to many mailing list and hoard every file you can
find than have I got a FREE PC Search engine for you! It is called Copernic.
This gen has been around for quite a while but has greatly improved over the
years to become an indispensible tool for anyone who has a huge hard drive
with a lot of data to handle.

Copernic lets you fast and Easily search your entire hard drive in less than
a second to pinpoint the right file, e-mail, music or pictures.
CDS brings the power of a sophisticated, yet easy-to-use search engine right
to your PC and allows you instantly to search files, e-mails, and email
attachments stored anywhere on your PC hard drive. It executes sub-second
searching of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files, Acrobat PDFs, and
all popular music, picture and video formats. CDS also searches your browser
history, favorites, and contacts.  Then it goes a step further....once it
finds the files it lets you VIEW the contents of them just with a mouse
click!

Copernic can take quite a while to initially index your hard drive but once
it has, you are in for a real treat! It does a great index of your IE
favorites..you can quickly click down the list and view every one in the
view window and delete ones that you no longer need. I've found no other
program to manage my favorites this easily.

It indexes all of the images on your hard disk and gives you thumbnails so
you can instantly find the one you need.  Great for Web developers.

It indexes inside of Zip files and PDF's and displays the found text in the
search window!  It continually indexes new files so searches are up to date!

Check it out at:
http://www.copernic.com/en/products/desktop-search/index.html

All I can say is AWESOME!

Regards,