[windows2000] Creating a Trust between NT 4 and Windows 2000 domains

  • From: Minero Hector B DLVA <MineroHB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 08:44:03 -0400

I need to create a new Win2k domain and set up a trust with a NT4 domain.  I
later want to upgrade the NT 4 domain to Win2k.
My question is, what will happen to the trust when I upgrade the NT 4 domain
to Win2k.  I mean, there is no trust between forests.
Can I build this new Win2k domain as a child domain of the NT 4. domain?  Is
that even possible in NT 4.0?

Thanks,

Hector.-
Hector Minero