[windows2000] Re: Download Firefox 3 today. Help break the record!

  • From: "Ray Costanzo" <ray@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 06:51:27 -0400

I use Firefox 95% of the time now, and pretty much only use IE for the
IE-specific features that make it a corporate tool, such as integration with
Sharepoint docs and other non-standard things.  But for e-mail, I just
switched back to Outlook after being away from it for about four months.
I've never been happier.  I tried a few different mail apps for a few weeks
and then used Thunderbird for about three months.  It's pretty decent, but
there were some deal breakers I just couldn't get past.  The address book is
terrible, and the whole font thing...  That drove me insane.  I felt like it
was just tossing a four sided coin to decide what font to use for reading
and writing e-mail.  I read the explanations of the font settings here
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Font_settings_in_Thunderbird, and was convinced to
stop using Thunderbird after doing so.  But, all in all, it's not a bad app.