[windows2000] Clear History bar/cache on a Windows CE device

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 00:29:23 -0500

OK,
I need some help on this one. I thought it would be easy. Maybe one of the
thin client vendors who customize CE can help me out.  We have about 50
webtablets at our branches running either Windows CE or CE .Net. The
vendor's image doesn't seem to give us any possible way to clear the drop
down typedurl history or the cache on Internet explorer.

I thought a batch script maybe but no dice...no command prompt is available.
A reg file to clear the typedurl key? Again no dice, regedit isn't on the
machine. My idea was some sort of JavaScript or activex control that
performs this functionality that I could just stick on a webpage on my
intranet server, which I thought someone out there surely must of written
something like, but I am coming up empty handed.

So does anyone have any ideas or solutions? This is really getting my goat!
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thethin.net