[windows2000] Cabling for a house

  • From: "Costanzo, Ray" <rcostanzo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 13:57:23 -0500

Hi list,

All my computers at home have 100 megabit NICs and are connected with
category 5(e?) cable through some 100 megabit switches.  I'm moving soon
(building a house) and I want to have a gigabit speed network.  Can I
just use cat5 cable, or is there different cable for gigabit speeds?  I
know I'll have to replace my switches and my NICs.  My other question is
do I need some super-computer with some newer implementation of IDE to
use gigabit cards?


Ray at work

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they
are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by
MIMEsweeper for the presence of computer viruses.


This Week's Sponsor: RTO Software - TScale
TScale increases Terminal Server capacity. Get 30-40% more users per
server to save $$$ and time. Add users now! - Not more servers.
If you?re using Citrix, you must learn about TScale!  
Free 30-day eval: http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=80

To Unsubscribe, set digest or vacation
mode or view archives use the below link.


Other related posts: