[windows2000] Re: ArcServe Question...

  • From: "Tony Lyne (Computerland)" <Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 08:50:35 +1200

Make sure you have SP4 for AS2k and some of the post SP4 hot fixes instal=
led.

If the job is stuck in the queue and wont run or cant be deleted you can =
manually delete the job by going to the job queue folder and deleting the=
=20corresponding file for the job. Let me know if you need more info on t=
his.

If the AS Database service hasn't been running check to make sure the ser=
vice is set to automatic start. Also goto the Admin utility and check the=
=20config of the database. Try submitting a prune operation and see if th=
at kicks into life.

Ive had the odd instance where you may need to copy overtop the existing =
database with a new blank one and restart the services.

Let me know if you need any more info on this.

Tony Lyne
Senior Systems Engineer=20
Computerland Central=20
P O Box 1470=20
PALMERSTON NORTH
Telephone (+64) 06 3537300
Facsimile (+64) 06 3566800
Mobile (+64) 0274 720696
E-mail Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet http://www.computerland.co.nz
CAUTION: This e-mail message and accompanying data may contain informatio=
n that is confidential and subject to privilege. If you are not the inten=
ded recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution=
=20or copying of this message or data is prohibited. If you have received=
=20this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately and delete all mate=
rial pertaining to this e-mail. Thank you.
=A0