[windows2000] Antivirus boot disk

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 12:46:58 -0500

I have a friend that has infected the hell out of his machine with a bot or
something.

I run a Mac and Windows 7 with security essentials and have not battled a
virus in years.

I seem to remember that somebody offered a downloadable iso you could make a
boot disk from that would do a really good job of cleaning the computer.  I
think it was f-secure but that looks to be from 2008.

Can anyone recommend a really good tool or tools I can pass along?  I have
passed along the online scans, AVG links etc.  But it seems like there would
be a really good boot dick for this out there somewhere.

any tips or ideas are greatly appreciated.  I am curious also to hear
everyone's techniques these days since it has been a while since I have
gotten my hands dirty.

Thanks!

Greg