[windows2000] Alternative to Symantec Backup exec

  • From: Dave stevens <london31uk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 02:07:03 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Guys,

We have been having all sorts of problems with our backup, some attributed to
the above software, and others to Bad Tapes as I suspect.

The main problem we see with Backup exec V10, is that if you disable a users
account, Backup exec finds it difficult to backup that users mailbox. I suspect
that was not the case with earlier versions, say from V8.6.
Backup exec throuws up all these untidy errors, that my boss is begining to
think the whole software is not worth it. I have worked with the product for
over 6yrs and I know contrary.

Has anyone experienced this problem before and how did you get around it, short
of taking out disbaled users from the backup selection.

Thanks

Dave