[windows2000] Re: Alternative to Symantec Backup exec

  • From: Chris Berry <chris_berry-list-windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:23:37 -0700

Some missing information here, what mail server software do you use?

Chris Berry
chris_berry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Information Advisory Manager
JM Associates

“If you have a strong enough why you can bear almost any how.” --Nietzsche

Dave stevens wrote:
Hi Guys,
We have been having all sorts of problems with our backup, some attributed to the above software, and others to Bad Tapes as I suspect.
The main problem we see with Backup exec V10, is that if you disable a users account, Backup exec finds it difficult to backup that users mailbox. I suspect that was not the case with earlier versions, say from V8.6.
Backup exec throuws up all these untidy errors, that my boss is begining to think the whole software is not worth it. I have worked with the product for over 6yrs and I know contrary. Has anyone experienced this problem before and how did you get around it, short of taking out disbaled users from the backup selection.
Thanks
Dave