[windows2000] Re: All of the printers disappear on our terminal server

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 18:18:52 -0800 (PST)

Under the Services applet in the control panel go to and double click on the
Spooler Service and Click on the recovery tab Set it to restart the service on
first and second failure and to probably reboot on the third failure. You can
also set it to run a script like at the the bottom of http://thin.net/print.cfm
that resets the spooler and clears out the printer files.
JAK

Rod Falanga <> wrote:
I hadn't thought of the print spooler service failing. I just checked the
event log and did find that it had stopped unexpectedly twice (at least).
How do I make it automatically restart?

Rod