[windows2000] Re: All of the printers disappear on our terminal server

  • From: "Rod Falanga" <rfalanga@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <windows2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 07:49:47 -0700

Glenn,

I tried searching for pmanage on TheThin.net, but couldn't find it.
What is the program (not the executable) called?

Rod

From: windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:windows2000-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jim Hathaway
Posted At: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 11:50 AM
Posted To: Windows 2000
Conversation: [windows2000] Re: All of the printers disappear on our
terminal server
server

Generally . . if they ALL just disappear. The spooler service is already
stopped.=20

Ray's right, check the event logs, and check your services next time it
happens. Very likely you've got a bad print driver in there or a client
trying to upload a bad print driver that's hosing things up.=20

Also, you can change the way your printer info is logged in the event
log by opening up the printers folder on the server. Go to, File -
Server Properties - Advanced. And change your log settings to include
more info.=20

HTH