using 5.572 light, some key combos not working

  • From: "Joanne" <countrymom777@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp4theblind" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 22:39:17 -0500

I am using Jaws 11 and Windows XP home, and installed Winamp 5.572 Light.
Someone did have the full version installed, but I took it out as I thought
this version was causing my problems.  But the problems persist with Light
version, and this has never happened before.  For one thing, alt f 4 doesn't
close the program; in fact control P doesn't open preferences.  To do either of
these things I have to go into menus and can't use the shortcuts.  So I have to
remember alt f and then the letter x to exit program.  And alt and then the
letter o for preferences.  I also can't push the letter c or x for play or
stop.  The other scripts appear to be fine, such as finding how much time is
left, etc.  But I think the c and x command and the alt f 4 or control p
functions are Windows commands, not Jaws commands--is this correct?  I
reinstalled it and still can't do these things.  Oh yes and equalizer, same
thing; must go to alt menus and find it to turn it on.  Does anyone have
suggestions?  I don't know what else to do, as it's been clean-installed
already.  I also did a Jaws repair, so I don't know why some of the ordinary
Windows commands for the program don't work.  I also made sure classic skins
are checked.

Thanks.

Joanne