Re: this is a bit lengthy, how to convert files using winamp

  • From: Chris Skarstad <toonhead@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 08:01:03 -0500

Hi. Yup, you can either place it in c:\windows\system, or system 32, I believe either one works. Not sure about Vista but that's with xp.

At 07:39 AM 11/1/2007, you wrote:
You can also place it in C:\Windows\System32 and any program which wants it can find it there.

Steve Zielinski said the following on 11/1/2007 7:25 AM:
Regarding step 14 in your message, I have the lame encoder, but it is in the folder c:\program files\mp3 direct cut. My question, in order to allow for this encoder to work in step 14, must I place it in c:\program files\winamp? Or exactly what, if anything, do I need to do to make sure winamp uses it in step 14.

Steve

I quote your step 14:
14.  Ok, now we're getting to the good part here, hang with me folks!
this next checkbox will determine wether or not Winamp actually remembers what file you convert to a lot, so if you convert to mp3 a lot, leave this checkbox checked so you can just perform the final few steps. Now, tab once again and you'll land on a button that determines what file you can actually convert your file to. for mine in particular, this button says,
MPEG layer 3 192KBPS, 44.1 K Hertz, stereo
that's usually what i convert to, but if you want something different, you can press this button and you can change the file type, bitrate and sampling rate of your file. Note that if you don't have the radium codec installed, you won't be able to convert to anything higher than 56k, 22.50 k hertz stereo. I believe the lame encoder will fix this too, and the lame encoder should be very easy to find if you do a little hunting around.

--
Raul A. Gallegos .. GW Micro Technical Support
Voice: 260-489-3671 .. Fax: 260-489-2608

http://www.eset.com