Re: question

  • From: Bob Kanish <bkanish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:17:37 -0700

Hi Scott,

As I assume this is relatively off topic for this list, I'll answer
the question here, but if you have further questions, email me off
list.

the virus warnings are not necessarily unique to your archives.
Sendspace, as with pretty much every other file storage service,
displays ads to free users.  these ads are fed into the web page via
third-party ad servers.  Unfortunately, some ad servers do contain
viruses or trojans which then become part of that Sendspace page.
Unfortunately, Sendspace doesn't seem to be interested in
discontinuing relationships with third-party ad servers that contain
malware.  I don't know if other file storage services such as
Mediafire, Filesend or Rapidshare are more thorough when it comes to
avoiding these situations or not.
-bob