Re: problem with starting up winamp 5.2

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 22:22:53 -0800

Hi, Aad, does winamp do this more than once in a session, or does it
only do this the first time you run it in a session?  I ask because
starting with winamp version 5.11, I was having this problem where
winamp would wait, and wait, and finally, the cd would start, but it
only seemed to do this when I ran it the first time in every session,
and wonder if that is true with your winamp as well.  Sometimes, as you
probably know the installer goofs up, and I had an instance where this
happened, and there were two winamp icons on my desk top, but
everything else was fine.
On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 20:36:20 +0100, aad leeflang wrote:

>hello all,
>i have a strange behaviour in using the latest winamp version.
>sometimes i start a mp3 file by using my windows explorer outside of winamp by
>pressing enter on the title.
>than normally winamp would startup and play that particular track within a few
>seconds.
>since i have installed the latest winamp and press enter on a track nothing
>happens for about 2 minutes and after a long period winamp will try to start.
>when i look into my task manager i see that there are two winamp.exe files in
>the task list.
>i have the multiple intstances of winamp not checked.
>and the library does not start to scan when i startup winamp.
>so that's not the point i suppose.
>does someoene has any idea why this is happening and what i can do about it?
>thanks a lot
>aad
>

>aad leeflang rotterdam   the netherlands.
>email and msn: aad@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>http://www.tripledutch.org
>skype: aad_leeflang
>to listen to my radio shows:
>http://interactive.acbradio.org
>
>for the internet radio mailing list send a blank email message to:
>internet-radio-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, please send a message to:
>line.
> Archives located at:
>//www.freelists.org/archives/winamp4theblind>
>the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list directly. Instead,
>please contact
>the list owners at winamp4theblind-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marty