Re: no longer posting archives

  • From: Chris Skarstad <rascal0826@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 12:28:48 -0400

The situation has been resolved and Ron and Scott, to their credit have both apologized. Ok, everybody, grab your fave beverage and a snack and lets enjoy the rest of this long memorial day weekend here in north America.

On 5/29/2011 10:41 AM, Christopher Chaltain wrote:
Why did this post have to come to the list? I don't appreciate reading
this crap even if it is just being forwarded from someone else. Surely
you could have replied to Scott off line. It appears that you knew Scott
was flaming and violating list rules but you forwarded it onto the list
anyway.

On 29/05/11 08:24, Ron Canazzi wrote:
No one would have cared when you were sending only 1 or 2 a week.  You kept
increasing the number more and more.  That is why many people never replied.
Now that you have taken the liberty to send out several a day, that is what has
brought about the unfavorable response.  If you planned to keep increasing the
number of posts, then you should have taken the private mail route in the first
place.  No one would then have complained--legitimately I feel--and you
wouldn't have started flaming people off-list--and thus violating lists rules
on all the lists you have subscribed to.  See below as an example of a flame
that I have received from you just a few minutes ago:

Before I sent out such messages to the winamp list to which you are subscribed,
I made a request of people as to how they would like the show archives.  Since
you didn't bother to reply to the message and make a choice, ....

And here's another nice, adult reply to my request.

by the way, I'm blocking your email address because ....