need some help, very important

  • From: Scott Lawlor <sklawlor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: Winamp for the Blind <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2011 12:50:30 -0500

Hi all.

After installing service pack 2 for windows vista home premium 32bit, I'm
finding that winamp won't play many of my mp3 files.  I've copied a file to the
icon and it plays just fine on that device but not in winamp which I've
selected to be my default player for all file types of audio.

I'm running the latest version (5.61) at least I think that's the latest
version and I've uninstalled the program, gone into the registry and deleted
the keys, wiped out the folder, rebooted and installed the application a second
time with the same results.

It'll play the little intro file the first time that winamp comes up but it
doesn't play some radio station pls files either so I'm at a loss as to what to
do to resolve this puzzling situation.
This doesn't seem to be the year for all things technical for me.

Thanks for any help possible.

Scott