need microphone suggestion

  • From: Scott Lawlor <sklawlor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: winamp for the Blind <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 08:11:04 -0600

Hello.

In the event that I can't continue using this logetech USB headset/microphone,
which has served me well since late in 2008 when I first embarked on the
journey of internet broadcasting, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a
better combination ?

I like the flexibility of having two soundcards which is why I'd like to go
with another USB based solution if I can.

If there really isn't a good one out there, I do have a sigmatel onboard
soundcard that has 1/8 inch jacks on the back of the pc where I could plug in a
separate set of earbuds or headphones and a microphone so that's also an option
though it's a bit more cluttered, and with a 1-year-old, I'd like a solution
with the least amount of wiring I can have because they love wires you know.

I've written to logetech with the problem and  I will detail it here as well
since you might have an answer which may also be helpful.

Here's the problem.

Hi.  I have a clearChat comfort pro USB headset Microphone combination which
I've had since around October of 2008 and just the other day, I noticed that
the microphone part of the device is no longer working.  I can hear sound
through the headphones but even after trying different USB ports on the pc,
uninstalling and reinstalling the device from device manager, and even deleting
the usb ports to have them built from the ground up upon reboot, there is still
no sound when I speak into the microphone.  I haven't installed any new
software or seen any updates that should cause such a problem and I'm running
service pack 1 of the Vista operating system.  I ran update device driver and
there was nothing found online that would seem to resolve this problem.  I do
quite a bit of internet broadcasting so it's crucial that I get this problem
resolved as soon as is humanly possible.

Just to be sure, I've double checked the microphone levels and made absolutely
certain that they are at 100% so I'm sure something's wrong with the microphone
itself.

That's the problem in a nutshell.

Thanks for any suggestions regarding these matters.