Re: What I have done, in Win Amp preferennces, for SQR crossfader

  • From: "Marty Rimpau" <mrimpau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 04:03:40 -0800

Hi, Mac, what you have to do is once you open the sqr cross fader, and
press configure, you have to press the up arrow, and then a tab control
will appear, just right arrow over to pree-sets, then tab to the list
view, and select one of the pree-sets, then tab to the load button, and
press the space bar, then to close the pree-sets, you have to find the
close button, and left click it.  I use the radio pree-sets, and
Jonathan Mosen has a tutorial, that while dealing with shoutcasting,
will get you started with the sqr cross fader, and it is at
http://www.acbradio.org/archives/mainmenu/mm1096.mp3
I am still using the sqr cross fader 1.65, because when I tried using
version 1.75, there was something I didn't like, something called curve
fade, and I couldn't figure out any way to disable this.  For the radio
pree-sets, in the cross fading tab, I have it set to minus 15, after
the check box that says fade when signal reaches, and there is I
believe in the advanced tab, a check box that says do not cross fade
tracks longer than that was checked, and I unchecked it, and in the
fade on stop skip tab, I checked the box that says something about
flush the buffer, because if that box isn't checked, if you should
happen to press the b and z keys for next and previous, it will take a
long time to go to the next track.  This is all from a window-eyes
perspective, but I hope it helps you, and if I covered something you
already knew, I appologize.
On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 12:56:09 -0800, Mac Norins wrote:

>DJc and Sarah,
>
>I cannot find those presets you were talking about, DJC, but, here's what I
>have done, if it matters and if it doesn't get us off track:
>
>1.  Went to Output Plug ins, arrowed to SQR, tabbed to Configuration, hit
>the space bar, tabbed to devices, where it says Microsoft Sound Mapper, as
>number one, my sound card, which is a Creative Extigy, for two, and
>something about modem, for three.  I currently have it on Microsoft Sound
>Mapper.
>
>2.  I tried hitting the home key, because I have heard that this is one way
>to open up some other tabs, but, this didn't do anything.  That is why I
>thought of the JAWS cursor!  I have more, but, I have to go back into Win
>Amp and it seems to conflict with Outlook Express, which is another problem,
>when I Alt Tab.
>
>More Will Be Revealed...

> To unsubscribe from this mailing list, please send a message to:
>line.
> Archives located at:
>//www.freelists.org/archives/winamp4theblind>
>the way the list is being run, do not post them to the list directly. Instead,
>please contact
>the list owners at winamp4theblind-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Marty