Unknown Artist?

  • From: "Steve Britt" <swimmer953@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 04:59:34 -0500

Hi, folks. I just got a Boomtown Rats CD for my birthday, and when I tried
to play it in Winamp by selecting Play and Audio CD, I had several problems:
First, a menu came up wanting me to enter the genre and the artist. Thinking
that Winamp was supposed to be able to read the title, I hit escape to get
out of the menu.
Second, the title said unknown artist.
Third, the CD played, but it didn't play the tracks in order. When I got out
of Winamp and got back into it again, the add artist menu was bypassed and
the title said unknown artist. I ended up using another player to play the
CD.
I'm using Winamp 5.35. The recent changes I made to this computer were that
I installed Easy Cd Creator DVD Edition and Power DVD with the help of a
sighted friend. I'll recheck Winamp's default settings for playing a CD, but
can someone tell me how to add a title that apparently isn't on the CD? I've
never played a CD that didn't have a title. Once I add the title, will
Winamp play the tracks in order?
Help!!! Thanks in advance.