Trying to get the most streams

  • From: "Peter Russillo" <plrussillo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Winamp For the Blind" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:38:09 -0400

Hi list; I've read the posts about not being able to get more than 1000
Shoutcast streams even though we have the number set at a good high number
like 50000 or more; I went to Forums and asked about this issue; one person
said it may be at AOL's end; another was rude enough to say I was doing it
wrong concerning getting more streams.  I know most of us downloaded Winamp
5.11, so with your permission, Chris, may I find out if most people who
currently still use Winamp 5.1 are now getting more than 1000 streams, e.g.,
10000 plus streams?  How many are getting only 1000 even with 5.1?  If the
majority of 5.1 users are now getting ten-thousand plus streams when the
number is set nice and high, then I may seriously consider going back to 5.1
(I now have 5.11).  Another question:  If I have to downgrade to 5.1, is it
better to totally wipe out all traces of 5.11, including plug-ins, before
installing 5.1 again?  I'm interested in the responses to the above
questions on whether having 5.1 rather than 5.11 gets more than 1000 streams
for the majority of us here.  Thanks for bearing with me here, as I may also
address this on the Forums as well once I find out the verdict.

Peter