Toews on the Waves is Back

  • From: Bruce Toews <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Broadcasting Lists <blind-broadcasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, blindcast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, circkleofriends@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, exploders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, internetradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, radioclassics@xxxxxxxx, streamad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 08:09:47 -0500 (CDT)

First there was the sinking of the Titanic. Then the crash of the Hindenberg. Then came that horrible New Coke in the eighties. And finally, Toews on the Waves returns.

This week, in our first hour, we suspend all of our usual features except for Ripley's Believe it or Not, and will be playing a full hour of happy love songs. If you like happy love songs, dear reader, this is your hour. We start hour #2 with an episode of Fibber McGee and Molly, in which Fibber decides to control his temper. Will he succeed? We end the show with an episode, in Described Video, of the Canadian TV hit Corner Gas, in honor both of the fact that the show is now broadcast in the States on WGN, and the fact that the show returns in Canada for a fifth season.

Please consider joining me tomorrow for a brand new episode, or catch us on the repeat. It's the most fun you can legally have without five pounds of ground beef and some play dough, it's Toews on the Waves!

--

TOTW first airs Sundays at 6:00 PM Central (7:00 PM Eastern, 4:00 PM
Pacific, Mondays at 0:00 UTC). The program is repeated the following

High-Speed Stream: http://radio.shellworld.net:8000
Dial-Up Modem Stream: http://radio.shellworld.net:8080

The show is also available via podcast. The link for the podcast can be
found at www.totw.net.