Re: Some winamp help

  • From: "EVAN REESE" <mentat3@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 14:51:31 -0400

Like Ron, (whose message my reply command is disabled for some reason), I was
able to tune in the stations, though I am using Window Eyes 7.2 rather than
JAWS. I thought I would repost Jim Grimsby's excellent instructions for using
the AOL section of the Winamp library with Window Eyes.

Ok the first thing you do is start winamp.
Now you switch to the winamp ml.  to do this I usually press alt+l tell such
time as this window gets focus.
This is a toggle.  So pressing Once turns it on pressing again turns  it
off.
Now, you will have a Tree view of options.  The option you want, is AOL
radio.
Once you find this press tab.  This will open the HTML window.
You should now be in the window eyes browse mode.
If you are not turn it on.
Note once you have browse mode active to move to other options in the ml you
will need to turn browse mode  off.
Now, you can use your arrow keys to select the option you want.
The options are Stations by Genre
View Stations by:
Location.
If one of these options are not a link.  Then that is your current view.
If you need to change your view press enter on one of the links.
Now it is a good idea to refresh the window eyes browse mode buffer.
Now arrow to the genre or location you want when you have located the genre
or location you want route  your mouse pointer  to the current element now
click the left mouse button
once again refresh the browse mode buffer.
Arrow to the radio station you would like to hear.
Route your mouse pointer to the current element.
Now, once again click your left mouse button
in a moment your station will begin playing.
The following is a list of hot keys that you need to accomplish this task.
This is taken from the default.txt file.  If you are using another layout
then the default consult your layout file.
Redraw = Insert-\
This will  refresh the browse mode buffer.
Mouse_To_Caret = Insert-Numpad-+
This will route the mouse pointer to the current element.
Single_Click_Left_Mouse_Button = NumOff-/
This will click the left mouse button.
Hope this helps.