Re: Accessing winamp commands.

  • From: "Curtis Delzer" <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Sep 2004 23:57:33 -0700

Ok, one thing which has to  be said about alt tab, hold down alt, tap tab until
you get to where you wish to settle, I.E. winamp and then release alt. If you
wish to get back to a program before you released alt, press alt
and tab and release both. You can then press alt and tab, releasing both,
toggling back and forth between 2 windows, no matter how many programs you have
sitting in your task bar waiting to be focused or
"settled" on. Remember though, that trick, of holding down alt, tapping tab
until you get to where you wish to focus and then releasing alt and it will
make it easier to use that combination of keystrokes. Many of my
clients had to learn that one, but once they did it was a kind of revelation
because, for most of us, just describing the alt and tab combination, we forget
to explain to hold down alt, tap tab until you get somewhere,
and just say press alt tab, etc. to go somewhere. It gets to be so automatic
after awhile, we forget that releasing business of the alt key.

Curtis Delzer
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 09:42:24 +0100, Reg Webb wrote:

<cinema-sly@xxxxxxx> writes
>Question!  Alt. Tab gets you to the winamp window but it does not bring you
>back to the window you were in.

Reg replies:
Well, it should.  Depending on how many programs you have open, alt+tab
should take you around all of them until you get back to where you
started from.

--
Reg Webb
Website: