Re: A couple of ripping questions

  • From: "Jerry Halatyn" <jhalatyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 10:37:20 -0400

Chris,
1. If you can hear the difference and it bothers you, you shouldn't be using
compressed files.
2. At 192K, an mp4 file sounds pretty good. That's coming from an audio
engineer.If all you want to do is rip some files for portability or just to
have on your system, it's fine. Again, if it really bothers you, just
remember that it's give and take we're dealing with here.
3. Go to the WinAmp Preferences (control-P) and arrow to the CD Ripping
submenu. There are three tabs in this section: Encoder, Ripping and Output.
Make sure you're in the Ripping Tab and the first choice is ripping speed
which is a combo box. When you're done, press tab until you get to the close
button.
HTH,
Jerry-----