A Hearty Helping of Toews on the Waves

  • From: Bruce Toews <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Broadcasting Lists <blind-broadcasters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, blindcast@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, exploders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, internetradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, radioclassics@xxxxxxxx, streamad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, winamp4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 08:57:04 -0600 (CST)

Have a heart! Catch the beat and open the valves of your mind to this weekend's Toews on the Waves episode. Leave that isolation chamber and let Toews on the Waves be the vessel that brings you the very best oldies, novelty tunes and then some that you'll find anywhere. On that vein, please check out the bottom of this message for your low-cholesterol when, where and how to listen.

On Friday, of course, we rerun last Sunday's show, right before Jonathan and Julia's totally awe-inspiring, magnificent, and CocaCla-like Mosen Explosion, or as they say in French, Detonation do Beer Canadien - oh wait, that's the Molson Explosion. Anyway, Friday repeat. Right. The fifteen-minute spotlight dealt with American cities, we had episode eight of Hitchhiker's, and a really cool episode of Father Knows Best.

On Sunday, we have a brand new episode. Our fifteen-minute spotlight will deal with that most sun about of internal organs, the heart. We'll be airing one of my all-round favorite episodes of Hitchhiker's episode nine, featuring the Nutrimatic Drinks Dispenser (I wish my computer sounded like that), Eddie the Shipboard Computer at its most annoying (I'm glad my computer doesn't sound like that), and the ghost of Zaphod Beeblebrox's great-grandfather, Zaphod Beeblebrox IV (I'm guessing my great-grandfather didn't sound like that).

It's week three of Flintstones Month, and this week we'll be playing an episode of the Jack Benny show featuring Mel Blanc. Does it get any better? Sure, if you add Ripley's Believe it or Not, Songs I Can't stand, a whole lot more, and a special introduction to the program than George Dubbyah himself (celebrity voice impersonated, which I suppose means that it's not him himself, but ...).

So please do join me this week for Toews on the Waves!

--

TOTW first airs Sundays at 6:00 PM Central (7:00 PM Eastern, 4:00 PM
Pacific, Mondays at 0:00 UTC). The program is repeated the following

High-Speed Stream: http://radio.shellworld.net:8000
Dial-Up Modem Stream: http://radio.shellworld.net:8080

The show is also available via podcast. The link for the podcast can be
found at www.totw.net.