[win2kforum] Re: Corrupted recycle bin

  • From: Matt Neimeyer <mneimeyer@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: win2kforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 00:17:19 -0400

>I'm running Win2K Prof with an NTFS formatted hard drive. I've done
>something (not sure what) but now I'm getting an error indicating
>that my recycle bin is corrupted.  Files are deleted but they do not
>'appear' in the recycle bin.

Have you tried turning off the Recycle bin on that drive?

Simply Right Click on the Recycle Bin, and select the option to not move
files to the recycle bin and then you should be able to delete that file /
folder just like any other.

I've used this technique when partitioning a drive on a Windows Machine and
moving it to a Non-Windows machine. (I know I could just do it on the
non-windows machine but why bother...) although in that case I usually use
the Configure Drives Independently option first...

In your case I would remove it, run some housekeeping on the drive (a
thorough scan in Scan Disk if nothing else) and then try and recreate it.

Matt