Re: configure script in wilytools.tgz

  • From: Serge Gagnon <gagnon__s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wilyfans@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 10:24:36 -0500

  +> On 2003-02-03 22:21:45 -0500 Serge Gagnon <gagnon__s@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  +> wrote:

  +> > Can you put the configure script in the wilytools. I have a
  +> > Makefile with things like "prefix = /opt/plan9" , a Makefile.in and
  +> > no configure* .

  +> Can the configure script be made with autogen/autoconf/automake etc?
  +> It probably should be in the distribution tarball, though.

  ozan> i have never seen the original configure script; i will have to
  ozan> generate one, or serge should feel free to contribute one. :)

I could do it but I don't know how to do it now. In fact, there is
nothing urgent now. I want to modify the existing wily FreeBSD ports
for wily-9libs and I don't want to supply a tons of patch files with the
new one.

Anyway, I think that the new wily package is lacking of some little
things like: (Makefile generation ;) and documentations ) before I start
to build a new ports.

I'm already rewriting a new wily.1 man page. This one is very inspired
from the wily's user.html... I'm not doing nothing original here. I would
like to build a man page for every tools in the tools directory too.

I would like to know if you want to put the wily tutorial in the
wily-9libs. As you know, wily is not very attractive the first time for a
new user until he discover how powerful wily could be.

I could look at the old tools/win/configure.in as an example to build the
actual wilytools configure script.

As I said, there is nothing urgent for me. My last contribution to the
wily's ports is yet in the FreeBSD Problem Report database and the
commiters seem to be very busy since the release of the version 5.

--
Serge Gagnon
Quebec, Qc, Canada