[william_cala] Back to Africa!

  • From: "William Cala" <wcala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <william_cala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:03:04 -0400

Back To Africa!

Joanne and I will be returning to Africa this Wednesday.  We can't wait to
see our friends and partners in Kenya and Tanzania.  And.we look forward to
bringing your best wishes to all including our  100 scholarship students.
Please keep us in your prayers.  We will send you a note or two over the
next month keeping you abreast of the many projects underway.

Usambara Girls School

In our August newsletter we showed you the finished three-block classroom
that Joining Hearts and Hands constructed at Usambara Girls School in
Korogwe, Tanzania.  We look forward to cutting the ribbon to open the school
and making sure that it is ready for the 124 girls moving up to Form II in
January.

                                     Bill and Joanne Cala with Usambara
Girls

Our First Joining Hearts and Hands' High School Graduates!!

This November our first group of scholarship students will be graduating
from high school!  We are so excited and grateful to our American sponsors
who have stuck with these beautiful children for 4 years!  Education is
something that no one can take away from you.  You have given a life-long
gift that will indeed save lives in Africa.

                         Bill and Joanne with Scholarship Student Pauline
Olang'o

WE STILL NEED ADDITONAL SCHOLARSHIP SPONSORS!!!!!

If you would like to adopt a child via a secondary scholarship, please
contact me @ wcala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Room, board and education is only $400
per year.

Iranda Latrines

The Iranda latrines are nearing completion.  The concrete is curing and they
will be painted soon.

                                         Iranda Latrines Under Construction

Lufumbo Renovation

We have completely rebuilt a 4 classroom block at Lufumbo Primary School.
Isn't it beautiful??

                                       Lufumbo Classrooms Near Completion

Kongasis Kitchen Completed

At the Kongasis school in Kacece, Kenya, Joining Hearts and Hands recently
completed construction of another kitchen.  This is the fifth kitchen of
this type that Joining Hearts and Hands has constructed in less than two
years.

                                   Kongasis Kitchen Just Prior to Completion

St. Patrick's Women's Group Successfully Raising Poultry

The Legion of Mary Women's Group at St. Patrick's Church in Lufumbo began
raising chickens as part of their micro-business initiated by Joining Hearts
and Hands.  They have been trained in business methods and in the science of
raising chickens.  Their fist 250 chickens are nearly market-ready!!

                                                        Chicken Business is
Booming!

Memorial to Angela O'Laskey

Angela, a beautiful girl from Greece Arcadia High School, dreamed of serving
sick children with us in Kenya before she died of cancer in October of 2005.
Fundraisers were held in her honor to aid our work in Africa.  In Angela's
memory, we will be upgrading the health clinic and providing needed medical
supplies to St. Claire's Orphanage in Kisumu, Kenya.  The sick children at
St. Claire's will be very grateful to those remembering Angela.  Angela
lives in Kenya by extending the lives of these innocent children.

               This photo of Angela will be proudly displayed at St.
Claire's Orphanage

Thank You!!!

Without your gifts of kindness, none of these projects would be possible.
Thank you for your continued support.

May God bring you blessings and peace!

With sincere gratitude,

Bill and Joanne Cala

To make tax-deductible donations, send checks to:

Joining Hearts and Hands

9 Fieldston Grove

Fairport, NY  14450

www.joiningheartsandhands.org <http://www.joiningheartsandhands.org/>