[whitmanpta] FW: VAPA Support

  • From: "Celeste Ozaki" <cbobryk-pta@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <whitmanpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2011 22:10:27 -0700

Dear Whitman Families and Friends,

Today we the parents at Kindergarten Promotion got to enjoy the sweet voices
of our children under the direction of Mr. Tom Wazcek.  Having a Music
Program was made possible through Visual and Performing Arts (VAPA) program.
Having a music program at a school is vital to enhancing the overall
education experience to our children.  As you may or may not know earlier in
the year the School Board did decide to eliminate VAPA.  I have just
received communication from Mr. Wazcek that support to reinstating VAPA is
gaining among School Board Members.  I am in full support in forwarding on
the following email from Dawn Andrews, VAPA Music Resource Teacher, on what
we as Parents can do.

Best regards,

Celeste L. Bobryk-Ozaki
President
Whitman PTA

VAPA is receiving support from some of the School Baord Members that would
result in reinstating the entire VAPA program IMMEDIATELY.  It is important
that John Lee Evans is hearing from parents and teachers that this
reinstatement needs to occur now, not weeks later to ensure we keep the
excellent teachers and programs in our district.

We are asking each of you and your parents to contact John Lee Evans to make
this request.  With his vote, this reinstatement could occur by next
Tuesday's Board Meeting!

Please act on this now!  It will make such a difference for our students and
schools!

Thank you for your assistance,

Dawn Andrews

V. Dawn Andrews