[whitmanpta] FW: Governor signs PTA's anti-bullying bill

  • From: "Whitman PTA" <whitmanpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <whitmanpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 13:59:40 -0700

From: California State PTA [mailto:californiastatepta@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2011 12:52 PM
To: whitmanpta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Governor signs PTA's anti-bullying bill

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=F7sTYT03XHsJiGapw9P87LdYTOwa3PHo>
 If you're having trouble viewing this e-mail, click here.

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=HK%2FMvNj1IMAbV6mwYpIUsrdYTOwa3PHo>

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=HK%2FMvNj1IMAbV6mwYpIUsrdYTOwa3PHo>

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=HK%2FMvNj1IMAbV6mwYpIUsrdYTOwa3PHo>

Legislative Information Alert
October 10, 2011

..

Governor signs PTA's
anti-bullying bill

..

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=MqaKSZ7zPURQg3Ds6cwDmLdYTOwa3PHo>

For Twitter updates on California State PTA's advocacy team, follow our
Director of Legislation,
Patty Scripter, at

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=9xtIDC2ksP8%2FdfVhomDXs7dYTOwa3PHo>
 @CAPTAatCapitol

Governor Jerry Brown announced today that he has signed crucial legislation to
help protect students from bullying and harassment. The California State PTA
sponsored the bill, AB 1156, by Assembly Member Mike Eng.  To read the full
press release, click
<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=xguclIcAyVub9g6y%2BYFhLUOpeazgyM6%2B>
 here.

"Every step of the way, our members supported this important bill with
thousands of letters to elected officials urging its passage," said Patty
Scripter, Director of Legislation for the California State PTA.  "It's a real
testament to the power of the PTA voice."

California State PTA acknowledges Assembly Member Mike Eng for his leadership
on this issue and commends the Governor for signing this legislation.  We would
also like to thank our nearly 1 million members who made their voices heard by
writing letters and taking other action to support this bill.

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=0R9Re%2FF155qNXOnFOpJyTbdYTOwa3PHo>
 E-mail & Website Policy

<http://salsa.wiredforchange.com/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=UwHFlzeXeObcWQhpP%2Fmw%2FrdYTOwa3PHo>
 Manage Subscriptions