[Westcott Radio] Re: Phone being installed in the studio

  • From: dingodog@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: westcottradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 21:07:45 -0500

 sounds good to me, how about 666?

 ;-D

 Quoting Danny <danny@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

I was hoping this would be done before Christmas, but it appears it'll be a
little longer than that.

Steve has already ordered the phone and the holdup is it arriving and being
properly installed.  But it shouldn't be more then a few weeks, tops.

This will be an extension of the WCC phone system, so people will call the
WCC and then hit our extension to ring into the studio (or pick it from the
voicemail directory).  If no one answers, it'll go to our Westcott Radio
voicemail.    The phone will have caller ID, speakerphone and a flashing
light if we have voicemails, among other things.   Steve will control our
functions via his computer.

For now, I'm telling him definitely no long distance, as it seems too ripe
for abuse.  But I'm also thinking we don't really need to be able to call
out either, do we?   Outgoing calls cost extra money per call, just like
with business phone service anywhere else.

It will be a 3 digit extension, because thats what this system uses.  But it
can be any 3 digits -- any preference on that?

This might not be the ideal phone system for us, but I think we all agree
it'll be a major improvement, regardless.   And there will be no monthly fee
to us for using it, which is why I don't want to get into the issue of
outgoing calls and the fees they'd generate for the WCC -- make sense?