[webproducers] Re: persuading a project manager that formal testing is important???

  • From: Anders Ramsay <anders@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 11:21:51 -0400

Yes, early buy-in is key.  In fact, testing should be explicitly part of the
contractually agreed upon budget, which means it should be part of the
original job proposal, which in turn means that one should be preaching
usability beginning with the first meetings with the client, explaining that
it is an inseparable and critical aspect of good design.  If we were
building them an airplane, would they want to fly it without us first
testing it?  That is in fact the equivalent what this project manager is
proposing.

-Anders