[webproducers] IE distribution on CD

  • From: cccook <cccook@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Wp (E-mail)" <webproducers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jan 02 10:56:39 -0500

Hi, all.

I am working on a project where the client wants to put 3 web based
products on CD for distribution. We would like to include Internet
Explorer on the CD to ensure that all users will be able to view the
material. Some of these CDs will be distributed in developing countries
where internet connectivity is not great so a web browser on every
computer is not a given. We do not need to customize the browser in any
way. We just need to include a version so that the user can choose to
install it on their computer if necessary. I have looked at the Microsoft
site and have found no material which addresses this particular
circumstance. Does anyone have experience doing this and know what needs
to be done and how to go about it.

Thanks for your help.

Cassandra

Questions and comments are welcome just e-mail me, morry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx