[wdmaudiodev] Re: help with virtual audio driver.

  • From: Jeff Claar <jclaar@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 12:13:25 -0700

I've done this, but it's not trivial. Essentially you need to use
KsCreatePin to attach to the sound card's rendering pin, and then pass the
audio data to it when you get an IOCTL_KS_WRITE_STREAM. If, as you said,
you're a newbie to driver development (and, I assume, kernel streaming in
particular), I really wouldn't recommend this approach because there are a
LOT of non-trivial details. Would a filter driver for the already-existing
audio driver work instead?

Jeff