[wdmaudiodev] Re: help with virtual audio driver.

  • From: "Muhammad Raza Saeed" <raza@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 14:35:04 +0100

As far as the insertion at right position is concerned, some registry values
need to be set making it come at right position in stack.

The information i got was that there is a sample filter driver to start off
in Walter Oney's book and a toaster filter sample in DDK for upper filter
and in the Dispatcher function we will get the Audio data in two places.
 1.IRP_MJ_DEVICEIO_CONTROL
 You will get the KS IOCTLs here . and audio buffers are sent through some
XXXX__STREAM____XX IOCTLS.
 2.IRP_MJ_WRITE. Some of the win32 APIs are using IRP_MJ_WRITE for playback.

Regards
Raza