[wdmaudiodev] Re: WaveCyclic vs WavePCI for HD Audio

  • From: prestonfick@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 19:05:10 +0000

At this point I am going ahead with WavePCI. WaveCyclic seems to be an easier implementation, but it seems like WavePCI will be better in the long run since I will have more control and better performance since I'll be avoiding the copies.

Thanks for the reply.
Preston

On Mar 30, 2009 1:04pm, Tim Roberts <timr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Cheng-mean Liu (SOCCER) wrote:

For

HD Audio solution, you want to use WaveRT port, which has

the benefits of both WavePCI and WavePCI – without redundant data copy

and mapping

and unmapping hassels.

He did quite clearly say that he was targeting XP SP3, where WaveRT is

not an option.